Nerja is a area some 52kms East from Malaga. It is traditionally Spanish in its architecture and general feel. The renowned Frigiliana white washed village around 6 kms, and Torrox Pueblo is a short drive, is worth visiting. Many Brits have decided to buy a second home in the area to take advantage of the its facilities and location.
However, for a host of reasons the time may come to sell and move on. The decision to sell could be financial, downsizing or going up the property ladder, together with family or health reasons? The advisers and agents you choose to assist you can make a significant difference to speed of sale and the final price achieved.
If you are considering making this decision, how you go about it?
We have spoken to our respected and well established partners in Nerja Town with 30 years of expertise in real estate. We asked for their opinion on the present situation.
The demand from serious buyers for property in Nerja and surrounding areas is high. It is true less British people are buying in Spain than in past years, However Scandinavians, Belgians, Germans and other nationalities from mainland Europe are serious buyers. This is confirmed by recent sales we have achieved.
With a thoughtful marketing strategy, local knowledge and contacts part of the essential mix, together with working hand in hand with our UK partners Properties Overseas, we can achieve a good sale for the client reducing the stress as much as possible.Sales Director
How do you arrange the sale from the UK?
Travel is still a consideration, and perhaps less inviting when the reason is personal business, rather than pleasure. Putting a hold on plans to sell continues the financial burden on you and can be draining emotionally. So if you are residing in UK, Ireland etc., what choice do you have as a owner. Do you need to be in Spain to arrange access to the property, estate agents, legal representation and valuations. Do you need to be there to organise decoration and repair work and home staging (giving the propaerty a homely feel ) TLC before going to market in order to obtain the best price?
We have the answer
Properties Overseas have been helping UK & Irish clients to achieve the sale of their properties without the need for the owners to travel.
We have listened to owners’ frustrations and developed a project managed selling service. So what actual does that mean in real terms for the client:
- Free initial consultation to established present situation and how to proceed
- Advising and organising the appointment of legal representative
- Raising and tracking the completion of power of attorneys
- Selecting estate agent that understands the local property market and has a list of potential buyers.
- Obtaining an initial valuation
- Agreeing a marketing strategy for the property and negotiation of fees
- Assistance in preparation of necessary information/paperwork
- Liaising with solicitors and estate agent throughout the sales process to ensure the smooth progression of the sale
- To be the point of contact to act on behalf of the client to assist with queries, questions working closely with the Spanish estate agent and solicitor to take the strain out of the transaction.
If you have a property in Nerja and are thinking of selling call 📞 us +44 330 001 1247 or CONTACT US
Susan and Paul did a fantastic job. Their services were quick, efficient and very professional. I was very satisfied with the service provided by both Susan and Paul. If you are ever looking to purchase a property aboard, I would strongly recommend the team at Properties Overseas. They walked me through the entire process, start to end and never left me in doubt or with any major questions and if there were, they were quickly resolved.
Thank you for your services and support throughout this entire process.
Carol – Essex 10/21
Categories: Living in Spain